Melbourne’s Trusted Building and Property Inspectors
Solid Start Property Inspections is your guide in the confusing world of property. We offer a range of reports that are designed to provide the details and insight you need to make decisions about buying, selling, developing or maintaining your investment.
We Save You Money
Every building & property inspection we complete gives you the expert information needed to help you make the correct decisions regarding your property and budget.
Our fully qualified and experienced property inspectors are trained to detect minor and major defects and issues, providing accurate and reliable information about your property.
This information is vital and very important in helping to make your buying, selling and planning decisions easier, saving you valuable time and money.
Solid Start owner Ian Stewart is a fully insured carpenter & registered builder with 25+ years of experience. Ian is also a Registered Building Inspector with the Victorian Building Authority.
This is important as the building inspection industry industry is unfortunately not regulated. Some ‘building inspection’ companies may offer ‘building consultanty’ with very little experience or knowledge to deliver your inspection.
Unless they are a registered building inspector they are not qualified to perform building or pre-purchase inspections.
We offer a range of Building & Property Inspection services to cover all your requirements, including:
- 137B Owner Builders Reports
- Owner Builders Defect Reports
- Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
- Independent New Home Inspections
- Frame & Stage Building Inspections
- Property Dilapidation Surveys
- Special Purpose Building Inspection
Give us a Call to speak with our Friendly Staff.
Professional building inspections and reports for your peace-of-mind
The Solid Start Property Inspections team is fully-qualified and insured and adheres to strict industry standards. Our reports will look deep into the property and building, assessing every aspect, checking and advising on dozens of major and minor issues. Our comprehensive service will also advise on courses of action and maintenance that may be required to rectify problems.
A complete inspection service for your building and property in Melbourne
We are known for our professional, helpful and friendly service when inspecting your investment. Here at Solid Start Property Inspections, we specialise in providing a range of quality building inspection services. Our detailed comprehensive photo reports are easy to read and give you the information you need to make those important decisions with confidence.
Solid Start Property Inspections is the only company you need for building inspections and reports in Melbourne and we provide a comprehensive range, including:
- 137B Owner Builder Reports — give you the legal documentation to be included in your section 32 to show prospective buyers the building works you have done. This gives them peace-of-mind and may lead to better offers on your home. It is also a mandatory requirement to purchase your builders warranty insurance if your building works were over $16,000.
- New Home Stage Inspections — give you the written proof to have your builder rectify possible defects as the build progresses, saving worry and costly extensions in time and possible legal costs after your build.
- Pre-Purchase Inspections — help you negotiate and bargain with confidence when buying.
- Dilapidation Inspections — All professional demolition and building companies should have dilapidation inspections and reports done prior to any works beginning as they can save you valuable time and thousands of dollars in costly legal arguments regarding damages to neighbours’ properties after your construction is complete.
Find out more by getting in touch with our team today
For more information about our services, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team at Solid Start Property Inspections. We will be happy to answer your questions and queries to ensure that you have all the information you need to make an informed decision. Pick up the phone and call us on 0417 383 332 to speak with our helpful and friendly team. You can also leave your details in our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Request a Free Quote:
Ian was an absolute professional and offered a competitive price. As he is a registered builder he was able to do a more thorough check of property than a general inspector and this was so important as I was worried about the house having safety issues not just cosmetic. Turned up on time and was very thorough. Highly recommend this company.Bee Dee
Highly recommended to everyone out there. Ian Stuart is a professional, friendly and great person to deal with. My first home inspection was done so smoothly and swiftly before time. Punctuality, price and professionalism defines Solid start property inspection business perfectly. Please don’t hesitate go ahead and dial Mr. Ian Stuart. Value for money…peace of mind.Ritiz Dewan
We recently enlisted Ian’s services for an owner builder report. Pleasant, prompt and professional, we highly recommend Ian. He explained everything he did and ensured we understood which we really appreciated. Thanks Ian!Nadine Mills
I contacted 5 companies to arrange an inspection, not only was Ian the only one to get back to me that day, but he was also the cheapest. Ian is a pleasure to deal with and is very supportive. I needed an inspection in a hurry to sell our house and he was only too happy to oblige. I also had the report very quickly after his inspection. Highly recommend.Ben Roe
Special Purpose Inspections
Special purpose inspection reports can be organised for all manner of building requirements.
Your builder is required by law to get a Building Surveyor, who issues the Building Permit, to compl…
Section 137b Owner Builder Reports
Mandatory Building Inspections
Building a house is no small feat – there’s a lot that can go wrong if tiny things are overlooked at…
How do i pay for my inspection
We accept payment by direct deposit, PayPal or cash. Please discuss your options with our Building Inspector when you receive your quote.
Do you provide Owner Builder Section 137B reports?
Yes, Solid Start can provide Section 137B reports as required.
Are you Fully Qualified and Insured?
Yes. Solid Start Property Inspections carry full professional indemnity and public liability insurance. We carry out all our inspections to the Australian Standard AS4349.1 Ian Stewart is a fully qualified and Registered Building Inspector. Registration IN-L41845.
How can I arrange a building pre-inspection?
To arrange a building inspection simply complete our online “Request A Quote” form and we will contact you to discuss your requirement
Why do I need a Pre-Purchase Inspection?
• To identify safety hazards, minor and major structural defects.
• To plan your maintenance and repairs.
• Deal with problems in your existing home before they worsen.
• Plan your renovation.
• Identify any damage caused by termites or other pests.
• Identify potential asbestos issues.
• To ensure your investment is secure and to save you money.
• To be well informed to negotiate your sale or purchase with confidence.