New Home Inspection: Make Your Home Purchase Stress-free
Solid Start Property Inspections specializes in residential property inspections in Melbourne. Your home purchase might be the largest and most exciting decisions you must have ever made in your life. So, make sure to make an informed decision by opting our services of comprehensive new home inspections.
What is a Home Inspection?
A home inspection is an unbiased and accurate visual property examination conducted by our registeredbuilding inspector. We look at the following aspects of your home while undertaking your new home stage inspection:
- Built-in kitchen appliances
- Plumbing system
- Electrical system
Once the inspection is done, a detailed report is provided to you that may consist of minor issues or major flaws found in your shortlisted property. You can use this report to make a right decision while buying a property.
A Registered Building Inspector.
When you give the responsibility of your new home inspection to us, you never have to worry about any undiscovered issues in your house. The key to our customer satisfaction lies in the quality of our work. In addition to making you aware of the issues, we even suggest remedies that can reduce the risk of a number of home hazards.
Our New Home Stage Inspections Process
The below mentioned new home stage inspection process ensures that no faults or potential problems go unnoticed. It also helps to ensure that every stage of the construction is built to the correct standards and the end result is safe and stable home structure. Our four different stages of new home inspections in Melbourne are:
1) Slab Inspection:
The first step of an inspection is carried out prior to pouring concrete. We make sure that everything has been set up in compliance with the approved engineer’s design and drawings and the set Australian standards.
The slab inspection is important, as alarming defects in floor slabs can serious problems in the future. Hence, it is strongly recommended to carry out the inspection at this stage to have a peace of mind that the construction is going perfectly.
2) Frame Inspection:
This inspection is carried out after the frame has been completed. Some of the things involved here are:
- Correct layout window placement.
- Inspecting the floor levels across each storey
- Inspecting the constructed wall frames for their compliance with the building code
- Inspecting the Lintels, beams and all support points are correct.
- Inspecting the bracing is in all the correct places and fixed correctly
- Inspecting the roof installation, fixing and bracing
- Quality of workmanship and more ..
3) Lockup Inspection:
It is carried out prior to the plastering of the walls and ceilings. This inspection will exhibit the changes that have been made to the structure of your new home since the frame was originally inspected. Some of the things reviewed at this stage are:
- The wall frames for their compliance with the building code
- The window frames for correct installation
- The waterproofing if installed,
- The insulation in the walls if installed,
- Al the external works ie brickwork, expansion joints, weep holes etc
- Eave linings fited,
- Downpipes correctly placed and installed
- External doors fitted correctly,
- The shower bases for correct installation in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines
- The baths for proper support
- And more ..
4) Handover Inspection:
This is the final step that is undertaken when the building under construction is basically ready for handover. At this stage, you must have the report that all contracted work has been completed in accordance with all the relevant standards. This inspection is very important as the minor defects or omissions will be clearly visible in our reports.
Further, the defects and omissions discovered in our final report need to be rectified by the builders and relevant contractors prior to the final handover.
Benefits of Our Professional Home Inspection Services
- Prevents potential dangers
- Saves time and money
- Gets comprehensive quality data about your home
- Avoids Frustrations
- Showcases inspected homes
- Builds your brand value
- Stands out from the competition
- Enhances customer satisfaction
Schedule Your New Home Inspection Today!
The more you know about your potential home, the more empowered you are to make an informed decision. Contact us for a detailed new home stage inspection. Schedule an inspection today by reaching us at 0417 383 332.